Laffy Taffy Costume
It's Halloween at Handzy and we have the sweetest costumes!
We love Laffy Taffy at Handzy. We even went as far as naming Banana Laffy Taffy the 'Official Candy of Handzy,' so it's kind of a big deal. We just can't get enough of our artificially-flavored 'fruit' candy! When we were coming up with costume ideas it became obvious that 'DUH!' we need to be a variety pack of our favorite candy! So today we are going to show you how to make your own Laffy Taffy costumes that are both easy + affordable! Not to mention they make really great team costumes!
Learn how to make your own!
This costume is pretty affordable to make and probable only ended up being about $20 a person! You only need a few supplies: a shift dress, iron on transfer paper for printing out phrases, and some felt in your coordinating colors. Just follow our easy steps below:
1. Get a shift dress in your favorite flavor. We each chose our own favorite flavors: yellow (Banana), red (Cherry) + pink (Strawberry). There are so many other flavors to choose them too!
2. Add some pointy felt trim. For that added Laffy Taffy wrapper detail we cut out a zig-zag pattern from felt to match the dresses and applied them to the bottom of the dress and end of the sleeves.
3. Iron on the logo and flavor. Line up your pieces on your dress so that the 'instructions' are facing up and the words you want on the shirt are facing down but reading the correct way. Always be sure to follow the instructions on the iron-on transfer that you use!
4. Iron on your favorite joke to the back! It wouldn't be a Laffy Taffy without a corny joke. We used on iron-transfer paper to print out our favorite Halloween jokes and applied them to the back of the dress. We had the question right side up and the answer upside down right below it!
5. Make a pointy headband. Finally, we used some scrap felt to make a pointy headband to coordinate with each of our costumes.
And voila! You're the sweetest candy around. We just couldn't stop laughing when we put on our costumes—they're just so cute + silly + FUN! We hope you love them too! What's your favorite Laffy Taffy flavor?
Download the iron-on patterns we used here!