We've got a new series all about podcasts—what we're listening to, what we're learning + what we want to share with YOU!
We're very into podcasts over here, they can be a great way to destress on your commute, or while you're making dinner or even just to sit and listen to. There are so many great ones out there and as a female run business we're always looking for tips and tricks to not just become better biz ladies but just learn something new! Each month we're going to be sharing some of favorite podcasts/episodes for the month.
Here's what we're listening to:
- About: "Marketing can be so discouraging when you’re not focusing your efforts on what really works. In my experience there are only a few styles of marketing that really work today and one of them is ‘influencer marketing’. Influencer marketing is like ‘word of mouth’ on steroids. Now, if you can resist puking in your mouth at the sound of the word ‘influencer’, I think we can learn some things from this marketing style that will not only help us grow our creative careers but also do so in a way that is more positively human!"
- About: "Candlemaker, Nicole Bisby, shares the importance of starting small and growing slowly as a maker business to stay profitable, out of debt, and be true to your ideals. We’re talking about getting wholesale clients, white labeling your product, and hiring employees + setting up your business to be a successful business owner while being a mother."
- About: "How I Built This is a podcast about innovators, entrepreneurs, and idealists, and the stories behind the movements they built. Each episode is a narrative journey marked by triumphs, failures, serendipity and insight — told by the founders of some of the world's best known companies and brands. [A great listen] if you've ever built something from nothing, something you really care about — or even just dreamt about it."
(Fun Fact! Jules Schroeder is Suzy's cousin!!)
- About: "Unconventional Life, is ranked by CIO as the #1 podcast for entrepreneurs in 2017. It airs on the Forbes Under30 Channel, profiling successful millennial entrepreneurs, artists, creatives, and thought leaders who are defining success on their own terms. These individuals embody what it means to pioneer a new path in a new economy, using a new model to prosper and profit from doing what they are most passionate about"
- About: "In this episode [the hosts] talk about: The "Curse of the White Rabbit," left brain vs. right brain, cracking the entrepreneur code, strengthening the muscle of contribution, how your emotional bank account is the leading indicator and how it ties into your financial bank account, what is poverty and what is wealth? The gravity well, Why you shouldn't "fake it till' ya make it," Peter's advice to his 20 y/o self If given a million dollars, where would he invest it ...and much more!"